Ebuyer Free Delivery on all orders over £89.00 ?

T0SH 20:19 30 May 07

I recently placed an order for a 19" monitor priced at £82.00 + Vat = £96.35

Which is over the £89.00 inc vat free delivery limit,

having selected the within 5 working days super saver delivery method as per the * instruction only to be told at checkout that this is not available to my delivery address ?

(which is near Aberdeen mainland Scotland UK)

so they have added Carriage at £5.29 + vat which makes the now total cost now £102.57

my question is does this happen to everyone ? or is it some form off additional penalty for those of us having the nerve to live north of the border :¬)

I have searched the Ebuyer site terms and conditions for any exclusions to this free delivery offer, and found none

Cheers HC

€dstowe 22:16 30 May 07

Part of the reason may be that the £89 free delivery is before VAT is added to the cost.

Stuartli 22:40 30 May 07

If you are outside certain postcode areas most online companies charge extra for delivery or, if you are unlucky, won't even deal with you (Northern Ireland forum members will know what I mean).

T0SH 00:11 31 May 07

It says very clearly on the site that the Free Delivery on all items over £89.00 including Vat

See here click here

I would have no argument with the free delivery excluding certain postcodes if that was mentioned ?

sidecar sid 08:51 31 May 07

"Discounted shipping restrictions may apply to some postcode areas."

click here==

T0SH 09:10 31 May 07

OK I will re-phrase my question

is there anyone out there who has had free delivery on a qualifing price product to any post code on the UK mainland ?

sidecar sid 09:40 31 May 07

I bought a 19" widescreen from them a couple of weeks ago.
With free delivery and Google checkout it cost £90.00.
It would seem you are being surcharged because of your location.

spuds 19:09 31 May 07

I have had many free deliveries from Ebuyer. A few months ago, the free delivery was for items at a much lower 'vat inclusive' price of £49.99.

I think that you will find the surcharge is due to your location Aberdeen, which some couriers class as non-mainland.Northern Ireland suffer the same restrictions of very high delivery charges by some UK retailers and UK courier services. Contact Ebuyer for an explanation.

If you paid via Ebuyer/Google checkout, then you would or should have got an extra £10.00 off the final bill.

spuds 19:12 31 May 07

I should have perhaps mentioned, that the 5 days mentioned for free delivery as never been the case with myself. Goods have always arrived within 3 days, 4 at the most, even from Ebuyer's other direct suppliers warehouses.

T0SH 19:52 31 May 07

Thank you for all your responses,
I recieved the item today it came via City Link on a next day delivery ?
my order was placed on 25/05/07

I will mark this as resolved thanks again

HC

Pamy 18:32 01 Jun 07

found this.... Free Shipping
Only qualifying products are eligible for the discounted shipping rate offer.
Discounted shipping applies to UK mainland deliveries only and excludes selected delivery methods
Discounted shipping restrictions may apply to some postcode areas.
Free item shipping is only available with 'Super Saver' delivery option

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…