eBuyer deliveries - does 4 days mean FOUR days?

GaT7 15:56 15 Jul 07

I want to order something today & choose 'Fri...(4 Working Days)' & hoping the items will be delviered on Friday itself (not before/after).

Is this what their '4 Working Days' mean? Or, can it also mean *within* 4 working days? Does anyone have any experience of this?

And, what happens if one misses a delivery? Will they leave a card to arrange *free* delivery on another day? Ta, G

ICF 17:05 15 Jul 07

It does when you don't want it to and doesn't when you do want it to.

If you get my drift

ICF 17:10 15 Jul 07

If you miss the delivery on of two things happen
1 Carded and given to a neighbour
2 Carded and returned to depot. You then ring up to arrange delivery. Or pick up from depot.

skidzy 17:29 15 Jul 07

Everything i have ordered from Ebuyer has always arrived on the day unless advised differently by email..such as lack of stock.

However we nor Ebuyer can control the courier service im afraid.

In my experience they have been spot on,even when advised over a new psu that was not in stock and would be delivered in 3 weeks on a certain day...it was.

GaT7 18:16 15 Jul 07

Thanks guys.

So, am I right in assuming that their confirmation email will state the *day of delivery*, & they'll inform me if there's any change? I just don't want to miss the delivery whatever day they decide to deliver.

Also, if I miss the delivery, re-delivery is free, isn't it?

Yeah, I know what you mean about the couriers! G

skidzy 18:30 15 Jul 07

Crossbow7 i can post to you from my own experience's.
After having dealt with several online companies,i have to say Ebuyer and Novatech have been the best.

spuds 19:57 15 Jul 07

I tend to find that you should keep a check on your email box. That will tell you when the item as been actually processed, picked and dispatched. When handed over to courier, you should have a tracking number for items via CityLink. With that you should be able to track the item from Ebuyer to receipt signature or returns to depot or Ebuyer.

Some items come direct from other suppliers and their warehouses, but you may not notice this on the delivery arrangement.

Royal Mail (usually for Jiffy bag items) is a different situation.

At present I am having problems with my deliveries from Ebuyer click here

spuds 20:00 15 Jul 07

Whoops. Just noticed that you have already been to the link :O)

GaT7 20:12 15 Jul 07

Thanks spuds. Yes, I noticed your problem & originally posted my query there.

I think I'll just have to go for it & hope for the best.

I'll tick this as resolved. Thanks to all who responded. G

GaT7 18:03 18 Jul 07

Well, 4-day delivery turned out to be 2 days in reality. Items arrived in two lots this afternoon, delivered within an hour of each other by the SAME delivery man - he'd forgotten one of the packages the first time around!

I wasn't expecting either, so missed one (a good neighbour signed for it) but received the other personally - only just. Was in my other neighbour's flat when he arrived the 2nd time, but was vigilant enough to catch him before he left.

I'll definitely be ordering from them again, but would prefer they provide a specific delivery day & stick by it as far as possible. G

ICF 18:35 18 Jul 07

Crossbow7 said:-
"Well, 4-day delivery turned out to be 2 days in reality."

I repeat my post earlier

It does when you don't want it to and doesn't when you do want it to.

If you get my drift

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…