Ebuyer

dazell 09:57 23 Feb 05

Ebuyer customer support is a joke i Asked 2 simple questions and its still ongoing

dazell 09:57 23 Feb 05

History
Darren Elliott
04/02/2005 01:43 You closed the previous ticket without answering the question about if i ordered the case with the player would that cancel my free delivery?
you also said that it is in stock so i could have it shipped with my DVD player? the item is still showing out of stock.
and my dvd player's delivery has been upgraded so i now cannot have the case sent with my player!!!!
I do not want to pay delivery on this item as it will cost more than the item itself!!!
If you look at my previous orders you will see i am a very good customer of yours.
As a token of goodwill i hope you will send this case with free delivery.
Regards
Darren Elliott.
Darren Elliott
16/02/2005 00:43 Still waiting for a response to this!!
I've also tried ordering this again to find out its out of stock again!! or did it not come in to stock when you said it was.
This is very bad customer service!!
Marie
16/02/2005 16:44 Dear Darren Elliott

Thank you for contacting our Support Team. I apologise for the delay in responding to your enote.

Please can you supply the order number in which you are referring to so that I can look into this further for you.

Apologies for the delay and inconvenience this has caused.

Kind Regards,
Marie
Ebuyer Support
Darren Elliott
18/02/2005 00:03 Hi Marie,
if you look at the previous ticket all the information is on it.
but again here it is below.
You collegue replied to the below by saying it is now back in stock and i could proceed with order.
not answering the questions
i basicly want the case to go with the dvd player. but begrudge paying shipping for the item as i already have bought thousands of pounds worth of orders from yourselfs.
your response to this will probably be that the dvd player has already been sent with free delivery so this would mean i have to pay carridge on the case, why could it have not been put in the same box!!!

previous ticket 472174:
28/01/2005 15:25 I have ordered a portable dvd player (invoice no. 3198449) which has free shipping. I wanted to order the above mentioned bag (DCR013-K1) but relised this was out of stock and would make my free delivery, not free and delay my order.
So questions
Can i add the bag to this invoice 3198449 and still get free delivery
and can the dvd player be sent and the bag placed on backorder?
Best regard
Darren Elliott
Loyal Customer!!
Marie
19/02/2005 10:05 Dear Darren Elliott

Thank you for your reply.

I have looked on your orders regarding this and can see that no case was order when you place your DVD order and nothing has been removed from this order.

Unfortunately as you have order them separately I am unable to refund any monies back to you.

I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Kind Regards,
Marie
Ebuyer Support
Darren Elliott
22/02/2005 06:43 Hi Marie,
Thanks for getting back to me so quick.
Think your missing the point,
I ordered the dvd player and was going to order the case but wanted to know if this would delay my order (as it was out of stock and still is) also wanted to know if it would affect the free delivery that was been offered with the DVD player. because these questions were not answered and are still not answered! i missed adding the case before the DVD player was shipped.
quick code 82856 DVD case STOCK OVERDUE!!!! this has been like this since i ordered the DVD player. so i still wouldn't have recieved my dvd player because the case would have delayed delivery!!
When will it be back in stock, and when it does will you send it with free delivery?
I cannot believe that this has taken so long to sort out.
Please read previous notes to make sure the reply has the answers I require!
I have spent over ?5000 at ebuyer and i am seriously considering finding a supplier that has a Phone number for the customer support!!!
then i would have not wasted so much of my time typing the same questions!!!!
Regards
Darren Elliott
Marie
22/02/2005 09:28 Dear Darren Elliott

Unfortunately these isn't a lead time on this item so I am unable to advise you as to when it will be back in stock.

Also if the item doesn't state free delivery then it will not be free delivery. If it does state free delivery then it will be free delivery.

Apologies for the annoyance and delay in this matter.

Kind Regards,
Marie
Ebuyer Support
Darren Elliott
23/02/2005 09:36 OK we seem to be getting somewhere slowly but surely.
Simple question.
If I order 2 items and 1 of them states free delivery will the other item come with that item that has free delivery or will i be charged delivery on the item that does not state free delivery, even thought they will come together?
Regards
Darren Elliott

Totally-braindead 17:32 24 Feb 05

You're lucky they even reply. I stopped dealing with them because A - They hardly ever replied to me B - If they actually did reply they never answered the question I asked and C - The last order from them 7 out of 13 parts were faulty and it took 3 months to get my money back. Looking at your post I have no idea about the free delivery thing, they could say that if they are ordered at the same time and fit in the same box you may get it free but I think not, mainly because the postage goes by weight and the other item will make the unit heavier hence more expensive. To be entirely honest I think you're wasting your time asking for info out of them, by the time you get the answer the item concerned will probably be out of stock again. Out of curiousity what are the actual items you want? Perhaps I can provide a link to somewhere else who have it in stock at a similar price.

Rawfish 20:24 24 Feb 05

I personally find Ebuyer the best of the lot on cusytomer service, just because they won't be bullied does not indicate poor customer service

Totally-braindead 20:27 24 Feb 05

Every one to their own Rawfish, I personally don't think they know the meaning of the words but glad to know someones happy with them.

ade.h 23:05 24 Feb 05

It's sound consumer advice to favour companies that make it easy to get in touch. Ebuyer's e-note systems does appear to struggle with demand; whether the system is intrinsically flawed, or there is a slack approach to customer service at Ebuyer, is open to debate.

ened 06:50 25 Feb 05

I have never needed to contact customer services.

Perhaps someone ought to start a thread where people can list satisfactory experiences with the CS of ANY companies.

dazell 09:09 25 Feb 05

Marie
23/02/2005 09:49 Dear Darren Elliott

As stated previously if the item doesn't state free delivery you will be charged for delivery even if you have placed it with an item that states free delivery.

Refer to the terms and conditions of delivery this is on the check out page.

Regards,

Ebuyer Support
Marie
23/02/2005 09:49 Dear Darren Elliott

As stated previously if the item doesn't state free delivery you will be charged for delivery even if you have placed it with an item that states free delivery.

Refer to the terms and conditions of delivery this is on the check out page.

Regards,

Ebuyer Support
Darren Elliott
24/02/2005 08:35 Well thats great we eventually got the answer! it has only took me 3 weeks to get that.
You did previously state about free delivery but not about the 2 items, seems a bit of a scank that your cannot send the items together.
Anyway you will see i have ordered the case and payed the delivery
invoive no. 4092802
I hope this item comes in soon as I have also been waiting 3 weeks for this, hope you see fit to give a token of goodwill here otherwise this will be the last order I place with ebuyer, I have never been so disoppointed in a company's customer service as I have with ebuyer.

Marie
24/02/2005 09:34 Dear Darren Elliott

I can advise that the item is out of stock, there isn't a lead time on this item so I am unable to advise when it will be back in stock. Once it is in stock your order will be processed through.

I appreciate your upset regarding this but there is no need to be offensive and rude.

Kind Regards,
Marie
Ebuyer Support

Totally-braindead 15:23 25 Feb 05

"hope you see fit to give a token of goodwill" for what? I'm sorry as I said before I don't deal with them anymore for the reasons listed above but I can't see any reason for you to expect anything from them as a token of goodwill. If you're not happy just don't buy from them again.

davidg_richmond 16:48 25 Feb 05

It is frustrating when a company does not reply, and I have been in this situation with eBuyer myself - but Marie is kind of right about being rude in my opinion. I can tell you from my experience in sales and support that the rude folk get the worst service, as you would no way want to give rude folk better service than the polite folk.

The insistance of 'gesture of goodwill' is a bit cheeky but then, those who don't ask don't get so go for it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but if a product is advertised as free delivery and another has a delivery charge it is common sense that you will be charged some delivery? I order from all sorts of places where orders are picked product by product and sending all products in one parcel is not viable, it would also increase the parcel weight anyway so the delivery cost would change.

Remember we are not dealing with a little local company here who can deal with you on a one-to-one basis but a large box-shifter who keep costs down by having a rigid business model. Everything goes ok and they're great, things go wrong and they're the worst. Want better service? Pay more from a company with a more flexible customer service system. Otherwise take the risk with a cheaper price.

dazell 07:48 29 May 05

With regard to previous eNotes sent advising of our Customer Support number - 0845 114 5000.

The eNote was sent advising that you can now contact us by telephone rather than wait for a response to the eNote you raised. Please be aware that we do not offer compensation as the previous eNote may have suggested. The compensation was that you can now contact us by telephone.

We would like to apologise for any confusion caused by the previous eNote.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…