Ebuyer

Iceman1978 19:00 20 Sep 04

Does anyone know what the restocking fee is with ebuyer returns. Its 20% of something, but what is the something. Is it 20% of the price of the bought product or something else. Theve been a bunch of ***** about returning an item. They seem to no longer want my business.

spuds 21:43 20 Sep 04

Under the Distance Selling Regulation 2000,it is now illegal to charge a restocking fee.

Iceman1978 23:13 20 Sep 04

Ive just noticed a crack on the casing of the lcd tv that I bought. Does that gave me the right to a refund or exchange of item.

Tim1964 00:26 21 Sep 04

If you have had the item for 7 days or less, then return it under the Distance selling regs (7 day cooling off period). They must either send you a returns slip to cover postage or refund the postage on receipt. If you have had the item longer, then return it under the sale of goods act (Item must be of merchantable quality)

In any case it would be an idea to study Ebuyer's returns policy which will be on their site. (another legal requirement)

Good luck.

jimv7 11:22 21 Sep 04

I have just upgraded my daughter's computer to an xp3200 64bit, I originally ordered a 64bit 2800 cpu, then thought the better deal would be the 3200 cpu.

Filled out the returns form online, surprise surprise, it all went without a hitch, alloted an rma number, returned the 2800, my account was refunded in full (no restocking charge) and the 3200 arrived promptly.

Guess I must be 1 of the lucky one's.

Well done ebuyer.

Exco 14:08 21 Sep 04

You certainly were lucky. I bought 5 sticks of memory from them well over a year ago. It was all faulty to which they agreed.

Refunded me for one stick. Never did get the money back for the other 4. Draw your own conclusions as to what I think of Ebuyer.

Mev 11:53 23 Sep 04

I had to return several items to ebuyer, due to manufacturer faults. They managed to 'loose' a processor i returned. It only turned up after several long phone calls. Everything else however, including the processor eventually, was replaced and returned in a very speedy and efficient manner.

fred 21:32 23 Sep 04

No problems with the return procedure here.

BT 09:58 24 Sep 04

I ordered the makings for a new PC. It was all delivered on the day they said. When I checked all the bits I found that they had not sent one of the CDROM drives that I had ordered but had sent 2 Floppy drives instead. I contacted them through their online facility and the correct drive was delivered the next day and they let me keep the extra floppy drive with no charge. I have bought a Printer, a DVD Writer and lots of other things from Ebuyer and not had any problems with quality or delivery. There will always be problems with any company but as always we only hear of the problems and rarely hear from all the satisfied customers.

Iceman1978 10:48 24 Sep 04

I once ordered a 9600 Pro, and they sent my a 9600 non pro. If i had little computer knowledge I would have been non the wiser.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…