eBay Warning

hoverman 07:12 03 Feb 03

This morning I received an e-mail purporting to have come from [email protected]. It was headed Security Verification and requested me to click on a link which would take me to an eBay site where I would be asked to verify my account details. It also said if I did not do this my account would be closed after 24 hours. Obviously another of those scam e-mails going the rounds. The e-mail has been deleted and I strongly advise anyone getting one of these messages to ignore it completely.

Andsome 08:10 03 Feb 03

Timely advice. I would agree that anyone recieving this type of mail from a company they have never dealt with should just ignore it. However, if you DO deal with any such company, it would be wise to send an e-mail to their sales people enclosing the offending e-mail as an attachment, in order that they can in fact verify whether it is fake or otherwise.

€dstow 09:23 03 Feb 03

I had one of these this morning. I knew straightaway it was fake as I have nothing to do with ebay and the address it was sent to most certainly has nothing to do with ebay - it is my business email address.

Was about to send a warning but you've beaten me to it!!

€d

spuds 19:22 03 Feb 03

Was a similar stunt around a few weeks ago, and someone posted it via PCA forum's !!.Cannot sem to find it now.

Coaster3 18:28 05 Feb 03

eBay send out a daily report on individual members activities.

I have just received such an email and, having read this thread, decided it was time I read the email.

It stated and I quote:

"eBay will not request personal data (password, credit card/bank numbers, and so on) in an email. Learn how to protect your account at click here
Thank you for using eBay!"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…