eBay spoof e-mail

hoverman 07:06 22 Feb 04

It didn't take too long for the con merchants to catch on to the fact that eBay have finalised their acquisition of PayPal. I received an e-mail this morning in which I asked to click on a link to verify my details following said acquisition. Needless to say I deleted it after forwarding it on to eBay for their attention. No doubt another will pop up soon purporting to have come from PayPal.

phoenix198 07:43 22 Feb 04

Yep! So far I've had three eBay spoofs and two PayPal spoofs - all forwarded and deleted.

I thought that whomever originated the spoof e-mails had done quite a "good" job of capturing the eBay/PayPal look and style. Pity, then, that they then sent them to an e-mail address that isn't registered with either company!

hoverman 07:45 22 Feb 04

The e-mail received this this morning did not have the usual eBay logo and style. Just a plain text message with a link in red.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…