Ebay - Selling stuff this time....

tammer 13:26 06 Jun 07

Ok folks,

You might have followed my - "Buying stuff on ebay" and "unlocking phones" threads? Well now I'm going to sell the locked phone back on ebay and it will be the first item I've ever sold.

Are there any pitfalls or lessons you've learned the hard way that would be of use to me?

Tammer

oldbeefer2 13:31 06 Jun 07

Suggest you get (if you don't already have) a Paypal account, and only use this for payment. It's about the easiest and safest way to get payment. Be honest when describing the phone. Allow a sensible amount (but not excessive) for p&p.

OnCall24-7 13:34 06 Jun 07

what phone were you trying to unlock ?

Pamy 14:24 06 Jun 07

I only use payment by personal cheque now and do not deliver until cheque is cleared.

lisa02 14:53 06 Jun 07

Accurate as possible with the phone description.

Take photos yourself.

Block bids from countries to which you do not post.

State you will not post to the usual suspect countries.

Offer a buy it now price as well as the auction.

Offer more than one payment method.

Use the advanced search to see what your bidders have been up to. That way you can cancel their bids if they've been acting suspicious. That paranoia has saved me a few times!

lisa02 14:58 06 Jun 07

find out what a bidder has been up to: click here

And the rest of the things are under account preferences in your ebay.

Pamy 15:21 06 Jun 07

you will not be able to offer a buy it now price as suggested by lisa02 untill you have more sales under your belt

alan2273 16:26 06 Jun 07

Also do not go mad on all the extras E-Bay offer ( like pretty templates and extra pictures etc) as these all cost money and soon add up.
When E-Bay charge you you will not only pay for the options you selected for the sale advert you will also have to pay a percentage of the price you obtained for the sale and with Paypal you also have to pay them a percentage.

tammer 16:56 06 Jun 07

See here:

click here

tammer 16:58 06 Jun 07

Thanks for the feedback so far.

PAMY - why do you not use pay pal?

Pamy 17:10 06 Jun 07

I could not get my bank account sorted with them, so although money was paid into my Paypal account I could not get it out. I tried a number of times and lost money because they could not pay it into my account so I payed for items I bought untill it was almost empty then never used it again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced