Ebay seller now refuses to refund my money

Chegs ® 16:59 21 Oct 05

I have bought a non working router from Ebay.The seller offered me a refund if I didn't report the matter to Ebay(they had several similar items listed)I didn't report it to Ebay,and then waited for my refund.Several weeks later,I emailed the seller to enquire when I was likely to recieve the refund,only to get a response of "explain why I should give you a refund," and "threaten me with Neg feedback and Reporting me to Ebay well Please do,"

Despite my recieving at least two emails prior to these where they stated "I am willing to give you a full refund and you keep the Router as a good
will gesture"

I'm to late to stop them selling further items on Ebay,but what chance have I of actually getting my refund?

Mr Mistoffelees 17:09 21 Oct 05

Seems to me that the very least you should do is report the seller to eBay. If the seller is a trader I'm sure trading standards might be interested.

Chegs ® 17:20 21 Oct 05

The seller is(or so they said in an email)just starting out as a trader,thats why I relented and gave them a positive feedback(plus I wanted my refund)I am busy searching Ebay for the link to report a seller/problem,etc but keep getting referred to the FAQ pages.

Chegs ® 17:38 21 Oct 05

Found it,duly sent to Ebay.

spuds 21:33 21 Oct 05

Have you not tried the dispute consul, and informed ebay that you have a dispute. You can also inform PayPal, if that is how you paid for the item.There is also the feedback system, which I think ebay allow further entries in cases like yours. The final alternative is to use the ebay Community forum for advice.

Chegs ® 21:56 21 Oct 05

I have sent an email to Ebay via their eBay Customer Support UK service,detailing the problem,and will wait a few days before trying anything further with Ebay.

The Paypal service I used to pay for this item isn't mine,its my partners brother's account.He isn't to brilliant at dealing with Paypal probs(he's had a couple)but I am waiting until he finally gets intouch with me to ask for his money again,before I can get him here and try and steer him thru the necessary. :-)

I haven't tried altering the feedback I left,I'm sure Ebay will allow its amendment when they get intouch.

I also haven't had a poke around in the forum(yet)I suppose there's no time like the present(nowt else vital to do instead)

Chegs ® 22:15 21 Oct 05

Just had a wander round in Ebay.Surprise,surprise,the seller has sold another of these routers to someone else,and it wasn't working either.They offered this buyer an exchange then retracted their offer.

I hope Ebay exclude them.This router only cost me £16.50,so its no great loss.I would just rather they stop offering refunds/exchanges then welshing on their words.

WhenHeavenTouchesEarth 23:08 21 Oct 05

'Welshing' on their words?

Is that supposed to mean something?

Chegs ® 23:09 21 Oct 05

Retracting/reversing/revoking...

Belatucadrus 00:18 22 Oct 05
  g0slp 08:36 22 Oct 05

I agree that this individual needs to be excluded. Hope you get your money back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…