Ebay not listing item

city1 09:26 31 Mar 04

I have tried to sell something which is not showing up as listed on ebay since sunday.

I have tried to contact them they say apply for a refund but you have to print and send to them its more trouble then its worth also no printer.

I aslo cant apply as it says you need a balance which when i looked i dont have you need a credit balance of £1

is it me or does this happen a lot ?

I tried another computer to see if i could see it and it was not there.

ps its a domain iam selling if anyones knows were to try to sell them

thank you

Totally-braindead 13:58 31 Mar 04

I have never had the problem you have experienced, I would think that either the listing is in the wrong place or you set it up to place the ad some time in the future which is one of the options. If neither of these is the case and the ad is definatly not listed then Ebay can't charge you for it and all you need to do is try putting in the listing again. Perhaps there was some sort of problem with the Ebay server or your internet connection at the time and it didn't get through but as I've said I've never had this problem myself.

hoverman 14:58 31 Mar 04

Not sure if this applies in your case but eBay have a list of items under Help which cannot be sold on their site. Trademark and Domain Name Basics are one of them listed as 'Potentially Infringing'. The following explanation is given on eBay:

"Potentially Infringing" means that items may be in violation of certain copyrights, trademarks or other rights. For your protection, some items here are not allowed ("prohibited"), regardless of the legality of these particular items,because they almost always violate copyright or trademark laws.

hoverman 15:03 31 Mar 04

ps I would eMail eBay again to see if the above is preventing your item being listed.

hoverman 15:29 31 Mar 04

pps On reflection the above should not prevent your item being listed - even if 'prohibited'. If my memory serves me right it usually requires eBay's attention to be brought to such items before they are removed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…