eBay invitation phone no, anyone has this?

rickf 17:11 28 Apr 09

Hi,
I have been buying and selling some things for quite sometime. A few months ago in recognition of my activities on eBay, I was given an invitaion only phone number which now appears on My eBay when I loged in.
I had to use this service today to get a refund for an item I bought two days ago from what would appear to be a fraudulent seller. The operative at ebay processed my calim and promised a refund in 3 working days to my Paypal a/c from which payment was made for the purchase . My concern is it seems to be based in India a I could detect the accent of the person speaking to me.
Cutting a long story short. Is this number genuine? Have you had the same facility and experience?
Thanks Sorry to be long winded.

rickf 17:16 28 Apr 09

I meant to say invitation ONLY phone number. I won't give out the no. but is has an 0208.... prefix

Mr Mistoffelees 17:22 28 Apr 09

0208 is outer London

rickf 17:29 28 Apr 09

Thanks I know that. Has anyone had the same invitation?

spuds 19:28 28 Apr 09

The number that you possibly are referring to (020 80.. ..0.) is customer support, which I think is available to all eBayer's requiring assistance, and it may well now be a transfer number to an overseas call centre. Similar to the Dell Computer telephone arrangement.

There are some 'dedicated team' direct line telephone numbers that are made available to certain people. I have one for eBay and another for PayPal. The same also applies to email address's.

rickf 19:59 28 Apr 09

Hi Spuds. Thanks for that. I was a bit concerned after hanging 'cause it seemed to be from India where it's quite wide spread now in stealing personal details.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac