EBay bargain for the entrepreneur?

pc_sausage 13:45 15 Mar 06

click here

Ends at 8:55 tonight - sorting through and setting up that lot could take some time....

And no, it's not my auction or anyone I know!

spuds 14:15 15 Mar 06

PayPal NOT accepted

No warranty given or implied.

Take your own lorry and a wad of notes (after 8.55pm).

Ideal for the budding computer/electronics wizard and junior Sir Alan S.

€dstowe 15:29 15 Mar 06

The wife of one of my staff won a bulk pack of mixed items on ebay for £18 + £20 shipping. It was all genuine and above board. The parcels weighed over 50Kg.

She's split the packs and is now selling small parcels of various things from the win. So far she's made over £250 and there's still lots and lots of stuff to sell.

I'll tip her the nod!

€dstowe 22:23 15 Mar 06

Went for £40.

Told my employee's wife about it but she declined to make a bid as her knowledge of electronic gear is limited and she didn't want any hassle if the things weren't quite what they were meant to be.

Stuartli 16:18 17 Mar 06

I regularly see similar computer related bundles on eBay, especially motherboards, monitors etc.

If someone has the time and the inclination to ensure they are in good working order, then a car boot sale visit could well prove worthwhile.

jack 08:32 18 Mar 06

I know, I am oft tempted- I wonder sometimes if this how folk at Computersfairs get their stock.
The problem?
Where do you keep it all?
We have a 3 bed semi, miniscule outside storage[garage]- and the house is full with our daily stuff with out shop stock laying around

spuds 11:32 18 Mar 06

jack-- Get a bigger house or an extension. Then there's always a lock-up somewhere :o)

Talking about bargains, I was at an administration auction a couple of weeks ago. Some of the goods there were fetching ridiculous prices. Reams of copier paper being sold at more than Staples prices. Canteen equipment, again being sold at high prices, yet I was able to buy a bundle of 4 commercial (in good working order) dot matrix printers and a large box of mixed (spares?) items, all for £15.00 + vat.

A very large and extremely heavy (Chubb)safe, didn't even get off the starting price of £5.00. It must have been worth at least 10 times that amount in scrap value alone, I wouldn't like to think of its purchase value today, if purchased new.So if you are in the market, there's bargains out there, if you want and care to look for them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…