ebay advice - should I buy?

jimmylove 16:19 01 Mar 05

I really, really want this phone click here
All seems koser to me, but my concerns are: If the phone develops a fault will Palm UK take care of it (don't want to ship it back to the US where it originated)? Also she tells me that there will be no customs charge made to me - guaranteed. Should I belive her? The upgraded buyer protection gives me confidence as does her feedback. Anyone spot any reason not to go ahead?
TIA,
James

pk470 16:28 01 Mar 05

If the phone is not available in the uk then i can't see that any repair service will be avaiable
here,plus will the charger work here? American voltage is 100/120v 60hz.

jimmylove 16:35 01 Mar 05

phone is coming here in 2/3 weeks and the charger needs a £1 adapter.

havanajoe 16:43 01 Mar 05

The 'phone is described as unbranded OEM, will the manufacturer really support it? Also "
IN THE EVENT THAT MY SUPPLIER IS OUT OF STOCK YOU WILL BE OFFERED AN ALTERNATIVE OR A FULL REFUND."
Ha.
The feedback appears to be for mainly items of less than £10.
Caveat Emptor.

lossie 16:51 01 Mar 05

Expect to pay VAT and a handling charge to the customs if the goods are more than £18.

Mr Mistoffelees 14:00 02 Mar 05

I also note that the seller is asking for a 3.4% surcharge for using Paypal. This practise is specifically banned by eBay.

TomJerry 14:53 02 Mar 05

600 is available in the UK for around £300, I think 650 will come over soon

if you really want it, make sure it is tri-band model, north american use different frequency band for mobile phones

you may need to pay VAT if it is come through DHL, UPS or post office, 17.5% vat plus adm fee could make this phone really expensive

TomJerry 15:00 02 Mar 05
  TomJerry 15:02 02 Mar 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…