Ebay Advice

r3v 17:45 05 May 05

hi,

i sold my 1st item on ebay a bit ago. the payment is showing in paypal but not in my hsbc current a/c. i have transferred the amount into this current account but am informed that it will take 5-7 days.

my question: should i wait until the money is in my current account or send the item out? I'm unsure on ebay's policy on this other than the buyer should expect the item within 7 days. The buyer also has a low feedback score.

thx for advice in advance.

pj123 17:57 05 May 05

Be wary. I think in this instance I would wait for total clearance before sending the item out.

A low feedback score isn't very good either.

pj123 17:58 05 May 05

Is it ethical to tell us who the buyer is so that we can check his/her feedback rating?

r3v 17:59 05 May 05

so it is ok to send the buyer an email expolaining the item will be sent out immediately unpon the balance being transferred from paypal to my current a/c ????

r3v 18:00 05 May 05

imo not really pj123 :)

but their feedback score is 4 and they are unverified in paypal.......

pj123 18:02 05 May 05

Yes, I would say so. I don't use Paypal myself and I am quite prepared to wait until my cheque clears before receiving any items I might have won. If this is a genuine buyer then there should not be any problem as long as you keep him/her informed.

pj123 18:08 05 May 05

OK, I respect your reluctance to show the buyer. Their feedback is 4. Do you mean they have only just joined ebay and that is their total, or do you mean that 4 is their positive feedback and they have lots of negative feedback?

r3v 18:12 05 May 05

they have +ve feedback. i have decided to inform them of the situation and the fact that this is 1st sale on ebay.

thx for replies

Al94 18:14 05 May 05

r34, if the funds are in your Paypal account, you have been paid and the money is safe. Up to you if you spend it from your Paypal account or have it sent to your bank account. You should forward the item to the purchaser as soon as the funds are in your Paypal account.

r3v 18:32 05 May 05

is this guarenteed?

genuinefake 18:34 05 May 05

yes

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…