Ebay

tree 3 21:39 12 May 03

has anyone here had bad experience with Ebay i want to know if anyone has lost money or something due to poor service from the sellers

jimv7 22:24 12 May 03

I have bought loads on ebay, all with good results luckily.

Check out the sellers ratings by clicking on the number after their name. If too many negative responces, don't touch them.

Hotfingers 22:52 12 May 03

I lost money with ebay a few years ago when a CPU I bought was DOA. The buyer just wasn't interested. However, ebay are supposed to have introduced some kind of assurance or insurance, it should say on thier website. I agree with jimv7, check the responses.

hoverman 08:00 13 May 03

Been buying on eBay for several years now with no problems at all. As has already been said, do check any seller's feedback rating first.

Yoshtar 08:04 13 May 03

Had one experience a while ago where a cheque was cashed for £45 (a gfx card if i remember correctly) and nothing ever arrived. E-Mailed the seller numerous times but no reply.

Yes, do check seller ratings but remember it's no guarantee that your transactions will be smooth.

kjrider 08:43 13 May 03

Having won an Ebay auction of a DVD Rom drive, I am still trying to get a response from the sellers CCC.

Not answering emails. Their feedback was 96% positive, so I must be one of the unfortunate 4%.

Jonathan314159 12:02 13 May 03

I'll add to the positives - only bought one item (DVD recorder) but it was good. As mentioned important that you check feedback of the seller (and probably wise to make sure that the positive feedback is when the guy is selling rather than buying).

dinoma 12:29 13 May 03

I am another to add a positive vote for Ebay. Again i recommend checking the sellers feedback (as a seller) and if possible i prefer them to have been an ebayer and had feedback for quite a while.

bfoc 13:45 13 May 03

Have bought numbers of things on Ebay, only had one problem where item was not as described. Seller promised a refund so returned item, but no refund. Seller had moved. I lost £15 on that.

But all other items (15-20) I've bought have been fine.

I too now tend to stick to 'high raters' only.

watchful 13:50 13 May 03

I've been dealing on eBay only for about three months but have had no problems.

Only one late payer who responded after I e-mailed them.

Two of my buyers were newcomers with no feedback but they were both OK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…