Al94 22:21 10 Aug 04
  GANDALF <|:-)> 22:50 10 Aug 04

Ahhhh!, another company to pile on the losses ;-)))

byfordr 22:57 10 Aug 04

Doesn't know when to give up!

Al94 09:55 11 Aug 04

and Orange doesn't like it! click here

byfordr 20:43 11 Aug 04

Unsurprising...I seem to rember a certain chap get the a'hole about companies using the word Easy in their business titles...even ones which had been using it way before him.

Note to Stelios Haji-Ioannou - You had one success, everything else has been rubbish. Please stop.

byfordr 20:50 11 Aug 04

remember - curses!

ste_bla 02:40 12 Aug 04

easy cinerma isnt to bad if you live in milton keyens (m1 jct14) and dont mind waiting a bit longer to see your movies can get them very cheap...

Forum Editor 07:15 12 Aug 04

one of the basic tenets of being an entrepreneur.......that just because you've been a success in one field you mustn't begin to believe that you can emulate King Midas.

Proof of the difficulties to be met by anyone entering what must surely be among the most competitive of all markets at the moment is the fact that Stelios is likely to find himself fighting a court battle with Orange - who feel a tad miffed at his use of "their" colour in connection with a mobile phone venture.

Stick to planes Stelios.

oresome 17:30 12 Aug 04

Do I detect a certain sceptism running through this thread?

As Stelios says, the consumer will decide.

I was interested in the fact he will not sell phones.........only sim cards. This may be of use to the more frugal minded like myself who are happy enough to use the same phone whilst ever it works. Not sure about the majority of users though who probably prefer to change contracts every year to get another 'free' phone.

Am I right in thinking he won't actually have a network, but like Virgin, use capacity on one or more of the existing networks.......presumably not Orange!

Success in this case will depend on the wholesale rates he can sqeeze out of the existing operators.

byfordr 22:18 12 Aug 04

Just relies on having a phone that will work with the sim card...most networks helpfully lock the phones to their network

ste_bla 02:40 14 Aug 04

Incase any1 wnats to know virgin will unlock your phone for free (if its a virgin) after you have used £30 of credit

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…