//some 3rd party need geo

An earlier PC Advisor poll

Coaster3 20:01 10 Feb 03

asked if we thought that 'The £100 million per year that the BBC spends on its website is:' excessive, well spent or a waste.

Now that we know that the BBC are re-broadcasting the Goon shows and various other classics on BBC7 and that they do not object to us downloading them through the internet, would it not be a good idea to hold that poll again?

Forum Editor 14:57 11 Feb 03

what the point would be.

The BBC web site is one of the best in the world as far as I'm concerned, and it consistently comes in for praise from industry professionals, as well as from consumers.

Forum Editor 14:58 11 Feb 03

of a challenge to see how they manage to spend that much on it though.

€dstow 15:16 11 Feb 03

I have friends that work on said site. They are very doubtful that the real cost is anywhere near that but they also say that in terms of the annual BBC budget, £100,000,000 is not all that much.

The apparently large amount of money probably does, as Coaster3 intimates, include auxiliary costs such as digital radio broadcasting which is done directly from the website.

All in all, my own feeling is that the BBC is extremely good value for money - even with the increase in licence fee to £116. What else can you get for less than 32 pence per day per household?

€d

Coaster3 20:38 11 Feb 03

My point was whether the poll results would be any different to the original results.

In the original poll I thought that the spending was excessive but now I'm not so sure.

I know that many forum members were interested in receiving BBC7 from the occasion that I obtained the email from the BBC stating that they had no objections to recordings being made.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…