EA Sports

harps1h 12:10 08 Oct 08

EA have as you may or may not know, have released their latest iteration in the Fifa series. Having been an avid Fifa supporter over the last 7 years I went out nad bought the the 09 game. I wish I hadn't wasted my time!
The game is unplayable due to a nimber of controller issues which it appears they are choosing to ignore. On the EA forums there are a lot of angry people who are having the same issues as I am and they all have different controllers. It seems the problem is in a file called "devdat" which contains the data for controllers in a numerical format. THis information includes the button allocation and analogue stick controls. Due to these inaccuracies, the game is unplayable as they players run away in a different direction to the one the pad is pointed at and the ball goes away in another direction.
At this moment EA have chosen to ignore the issue and have not even issued a statement or put up a thread to say if they are dealing with the issue. Personally I have sent a tech note to their support team and still have no reply so at the moment I have £30 sitting in a drawer wasting away in a dvd case. Had it been any other consumer product I would have returned it to game where it was bought as unfit for purpose.
Now I know this should have been posted in the game section, but I placed it here to let other people see for themselves as it may be a case of buyer beware. Perhaps the Fe would care to look into thsi problem and ask if EA would like to make a comment to their paying public and perhaps place in the consumer watch

harps1h 22:05 08 Oct 08
  donki 10:03 09 Oct 08

Another solution is to buy the far superior Pro Evo. I find Fifa too "arcadey" Pro Evo is much more tatics and stratagy orientated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…