E- Notes systems - any recommendations

bstock 11:06 09 Oct 04

The reason for this thread is to find out if any of these impersonal systems are actually functioning as they should, and to try to identify the good the bad and the ugly.

My recent experience with ebuyer.com is not altogether encouraging, after trying several means of contact incl telephoning for several days I have discovered that they no longer operate their customer support phone lines - I think they should maybe update their help pages with that fact - for a start!

So yet again another retailer takes the brave step of cutting out all personal contact with their customers and hiding behind their computers.

My personal experience with ebyer.com follows:

I asked for a RMA number on Fri 1 Oct after receiving a different article than I ordered, on Monday 3 October I received an email that the matter had been referred to their "Management Team" and I would receive a response within 2 working days - needless to say I am sill waiting...

You can't phone them you can't email them, you can only use the e-note system on their website -again from which I am yet to get any response from any e-note I raise using it.

So far my experiences with ebuyer are not good - does anyone have any GOOD experiences using e-notes or any other non personal ways of contacting any customer service departments?

Thought it might be interesting to know

--
Brian

spuds 12:00 09 Oct 04

I use ebuyer on a regular basis, and so far the service that I have received as been very good. I have never had any problems with the parts that I have ordered, so I have had no need to contact them [fingers crossed now]. If ebuyer have a customer service problem, then perhaps PCA could have a word on your behalf!.

Stuartli 14:33 12 Oct 04

I've already stated in a similar thread today that it appears to be convenient for ebuyer's eNotes staff, when they can't provide an answer or don't want to be bothered with querys - their website spelling, not mine - they just ignore them.

scotty 16:50 12 Oct 04

As with spuds, I have generally had good service from e-buyer. On one occassion I had to use the E-notes and was not impressed with the response. However, when I persevered and hassled them they eventually sorted the problem.

Keep on at them, if they close out an e-note open another one refering back to the original. I suspect the staff dealing with e-notes are monitored and have targets to reach. Is they realise you will not be fobbed off it is easier for them to sort your problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…