e-bay beware

tammy11 00:18 08 Feb 03

hi all,joined up to ebay,had to give my bank card details,said it was only for security perposes.next thing i know £50 taken from my bank account.cant get in touch with them as you have to re-register,as my ebay account was blocked for some unknown reason.seems like fraud to me.so beware of ebay.

jazzypop 00:32 08 Feb 03

I suspect that you have become a victim of one of the many ebay scams - see click here for an example.

To my knowledge, ebay do not ask for your bank card details.

Ironman556 00:37 08 Feb 03

Hmm, I almost signed up to Ebay once, but didn't want to put my bank details in, so cancelled the sign up, Glad I did now. I do know loads of people who use the site though and have no problems at all.

Stokey 04:14 08 Feb 03

I use eBay, both for buying and selling.

eBay do not ask for your bank card details.

I cannot help you with this but get in touch with your bank pronto, they will know who has drawn on your account. If it was without your permission you will get your money back.

hoverman 07:12 08 Feb 03

I had an e-mail last week requesting my log in details which I obviously ignored and reported to their support. eBay will NEVER request information like this, including bank details, by e-mail. There is no doubt you signed up on a bogus site. I have been a very satified user of eBay for several years without any problem at all. If you go to click here which is the genuine UK site you can read up on their policies.

Stalker 08:28 08 Feb 03

when i signed up, i think it did ask for my bank details, but it also gave me the option of not giving them and just giving a email addy other than hotmail etc

Stalker

Forum Editor 08:38 08 Feb 03

with ebay as a seller you certainly will be asked to provide details of a debit or credit card account - for obvious reasons.

If you are wary of providing the details there is an option to provide an alternative email address instead, but ebay will only accept an address provided by an ISP (or by a company or educational establishment) - no hotmail or other such addresses will do.

At no time does ebay debit your card without your consent, and I suggest that you contact your bank immediately.

spuds 21:43 08 Feb 03

If you probe deep enough into the admin side of eBay and their terms and conditions plus facts and answers section, you should find the way of solving many problems.The only restriction that I find, is their limitation on fraud.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…