e-audiovisual.co.uk - who are they?!

ratters 12:40 30 Apr 06

I found this web store when looking for a lap-top to buy. When I processed my order instead of reaching a secure web site to pay, a message appeared telling me to phone a number to pay. I find this extremely odd. I have searched the internet for any reference to this company and have come up with absolutely nothing!!! I find that very odd as well. I am also suspicious because their prices are extremely cheap - £420 for a Samsung X20! I usually believe that if something seems too good to be true it usually is!
Any advice would be gratefull received.

spuds 12:53 30 Apr 06

If it didn't have https and padlock, then look elsewhere. Referring you to a telephone number, may mean that they have no facility for on-line payments, but then again ??.

Stuartli 12:58 30 Apr 06

Found this link on the site:

126 Cheetham Hill Road
Cheetham Hill
M8 8LW

Tel: 0700 5961 201

Doesn't look too good, especially as 192.com doesn't bring anything up concerning the details.

Stuartli 12:58 30 Apr 06

It appears to be a (false?) mobile phone number of some sort (i.e. 07)

Stuartli 13:02 30 Apr 06

Another interesting point is that the home page refers to Sony, Toshiba, Fujitsu Siemens, Acer, HP Compaq, IBM, JVC, Panasonic, Samsung, Benq and many more i.e. electrical goods as "appliances."

Appliances are white goods such as washing machines, freezers, kettles, irons etc

None of these goods are mentioned.

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:07 30 Apr 06

0700 numbers are not 'false'......click here

SG Atlantis® 13:13 30 Apr 06

The sites looks amateur, really bad graphics too.

ratters 13:18 30 Apr 06

I know the 0700 numbers are the new free phone numbers like 0800.
I just looked at my order number and it is 104! Does this suggest a brand new company do you think? Or is it more sinister?!
I haven't actually paid anything yet so I think I will just cancel. They do actually mention the distance selling rules in the blurb.
It is most confusing - I do so love a bargain!

SG Atlantis® 13:24 30 Apr 06

did you click Gandalf's link? 0700 is not a free number.... "They are generally more expensive to call than 087x and 0207 numbers (callers are charged at BT's "d" Rate"

spuds 14:12 30 Apr 06

Just checked Companies House records, and nothing much shows e-audiovisual, especially in Manchester area.

€dstowe 14:17 30 Apr 06

Isn't Strangeways prison in Cheetham?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…