dyson standup vaccuum

sunnystaines 11:56 26 Nov 08

anyone one got one, looking at the dc14 model but seem to remember when dyson first come out there was gossip they were just a gimick.

any feedback please.

I am Spartacus 12:03 26 Nov 08

Maybe they've improved since I last had one but the one I had turned out to be a case of style over function. Looked good but was average. Failed after a couple of years which was apparently not unusual then.

Highly recommend a 'Henry' click here It'll suck up floorboards (slight exaggeration for effect) :o)

The tools provided give you an 'upright' nozzle.

sunnystaines 12:14 26 Nov 08

I am Spartacus

thanks for your reply, I have used henries before but had a few faults the hoses did not last kept splitting, the motors did not last. When woking were good.

We have a miele pull along type but the trouble with them is they spew out a fine dust.Good points motor lasts and adjustable suction 300-1800.

luthier 12:41 26 Nov 08

I have the DC14 all floors for 2 years and in my opinion it is brilliant. The suction is very strong and it does what Dyson says - i.e. doesn't reduce over time. All the full size Dysons are now guaranteed for 5 years which should put your mind at rest regarding reliability. The DC14 was also a Which magazine best buy.

sunnystaines 12:55 26 Nov 08

luthier

thanks, I will look round for the best price now, shops round this way do not have big discounts yet as there no evidence of the credit crunch in the shops.

oldbeefer2 13:39 26 Nov 08

Don't be afraid to be 'unenglish' and haggle - I've had good results with Comet (the sales 'erbert has to refer to a manager, but I've usually had a worthwhile reduction to below the price advertised by their competitiors).

sunnystaines 14:17 26 Nov 08

oldbeefer2

thanks, we only have 2 electrical stores in town now used to have several, left with debenhams and tesco non food outlet neither have reductions yet.

oldbeefer2 15:12 26 Nov 08

Still worth a try, though. All retailers are desperate to keep the stock moving in the present climate, if only for a small mark-up.

€dstowe 15:53 26 Nov 08

Remember you can buy on line.

^wave^ 16:52 26 Nov 08

we had original dyson now on our 2nd one and would buy another one when this dies

Colin 17:01 26 Nov 08

We've had a Dyson DC04 for longer than I can remember and it works as well as it did when it was new. Unfortunately, I think Dysons are no longer made in the UK which is one of the reasons we bought one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…