DVLA - I'm impressed

Mike D 22:38 19 Sep 08

Last Sunday night, after opening my old paper driving licence and discovering that it was in pieces, I applied on-line for a new photo licence. On Wednesday it arrived. As the title says, I'm impressed.

Lio 22:59 19 Sep 08

Both my wife and I have renewed tax discs on-line, same impressive results

rdave13 23:39 19 Sep 08

Have in the past renewed the tax online but then thought about our local Post Office.
P.O. from now.

Stuartli 00:10 20 Sep 08

Sadly, it's all a bit late - the Government (even though it is the major shareholder in the PO) craftily took away the majority of the Post Office's commission benefits.

Hence the determination to close as many Post Offices as possible during the past two or three years, based on the (sometimes dubious) fact that unsurprisingly many are losing money.

spuds 11:40 20 Sep 08

Haven't looked into the driving licence side, but I might need it one day. I find that all the other services via DVLA are very good and simple to use.

But not wanting to sound foolish, if it is the 'new' type photo card licence. What are the requirements and how do you 'activate' the photo?.

peter99co 11:48 20 Sep 08

I found DVLA good but had to phone as the internet page would not accept my Nat Ins No.
The operator who dealt with my application for Road Fund Licence could not say why this was because everything was correct.

I have got to wait till Feb 09 to try again.

The fact that no paperwork has to be produced is good.

Clapton is God 12:15 20 Sep 08

But don't forget that your brand spanking new photo licence is only good for 10 years.

Have a look at item 4b on the front - that's the expiry date.

tullie 12:48 20 Sep 08

They get a copy of your photo from the passport office,if they cant then you have to send them.

pj123 14:03 20 Sep 08

Nat Ins No.? What has that got to do with applying for Car Tax?

I have renewed my car tax on line 3 times now and never been asked for my Nat Ins No.

Stuartli 14:14 20 Sep 08

It could be the V11 Reference Number, rather than a National Insurance Number, which is being mixed up by peter99co whilst attempting to renew the road fund licence...:-)

tullie 14:19 20 Sep 08

Cant be national insurence number surely?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…