the-emsworth-kid 13:41 15 Apr 05

I need to copy old (much sentimental value) VHS tapes to DVD. Previous threads suggest the PC route is too time consuming. My local Makro has at Bush DVD Recorder/VHS combi for £150 plus Vat - does anybody have experience of this type of machine? Superior recording quality is not the prime concern.

pj123 14:15 15 Apr 05

Looks OK to me, £176 (inc VAT) is good too, if it is the Bush DVRHS02 which is listed at £229.99 from:

click here

Even Tesco can only manage £224.99.

Barrie_G 15:08 15 Apr 05

Though check first that it will record from vhs to dvd as some don't.

pj123 16:00 15 Apr 05

Well it says, "records to DVD and VCR from TV, or from one format to another plays DVD +RW / +R / -RW / -R / CD"

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:15 15 Apr 05

You may wish to read this before purchasing the Bush model and you may want to go for the slightly more expensive LG one....Bush seem to be *ahem* dumping them all over the shop. click here

the-emsworth-kid 19:38 15 Apr 05

As ever your obsevations and the link merit serious consideration. I've tried to search for an equivalent LG model without success - can you help me please?

SEASHANTY 20:06 15 Apr 05

Seems from the Argos spec on the LG that it will only record DVD+R and DVD+RW. Pretty limited if that's the case. Use your own VCR with the new Panasonic DVD recorder which can dub from the internal HDD at 64x
click here

SEASHANTY 22:00 15 Apr 05

It would appear Panasonic have discontinued production of their DMR-E75VEG combi DVD/VCR recorder but it is still available at 18 outlets
click here

the-emsworth-kid 10:39 22 Apr 05

Apologies for not getting back sooner - but thank you all for your input. I think I'll probably go the stand alone recorder route.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…