DVDR/RW price change...

Mysticnas 11:45 02 Oct 03

Hi all I'm going to be needing a DVDR/RW in about 4months time. I've seen a few now that are quite cheap. Just wondering, as I don't need it now that i should wait til when i need it.

As far as i know the only PC component that may rise in price is RAM. So DVDR/RW drives can only get cheaper can't they?

leo49 12:15 02 Oct 03

I was reading yesterday that more manufacturers[eg Lite-On]will be releasing 8x writers in the next month or so, with 12x writers becoming available in the Spring of 2004 and possibly 16x before the end of next year.This must surely impact upon the retail prices of the current 4x, which appear to be in freefall at the moment.

Mysticnas 12:43 02 Oct 03

well i hope so... i just don't want to find out in 4 months that i can't find a good deal for what ever reason, be it rocketing prices or discontinuation of old stock....

only time will tell.

Stuartli 14:56 02 Oct 03

Many Lite-On CD-ROM and rewriters are rebadged from other manufacturers, including Plextor: click here

See: click here for details of most drives and rewriters' original manufacturers and which are rebranded.

There are also hundreds of articles on any subject to do with these products and their media.

My forecast is that DVD rewriters will continue to come down in price steadily - they are already nearly half the cost of a year or so ago - along with the media used with them.

But it's the old, old story - if you choose a product and wait till the price comes down, something even better comes along; in the end you never buy anything....:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…