DVD/CD WRITER - SOFTWARE ADVICE

tundra 17:49 22 Feb 05

I'm considering buying the LG GSA-4163BA but it's only available in OEM package. Can anyone suggest suitable software that supports all formats including DVD RAM?

TomJerry 00:48 23 Feb 05

nero is very good all round and you can get oem version about a five.

As for RAM disk, so burning software is needed. You put it in and click DVD icon under my computer and format and use it.

RAM discs work the same way as a "huge" floppy disks

tundra 10:34 23 Feb 05

Thanks for the advice TomJerry. Do you know which specific version of the Nero software is best and can you recommend a sales outlet? I've noticed that some retailers are charging more for the software than the DVD drive itself!!

TomJerry 10:58 23 Feb 05

it has no fancy box and short of a few functions which you may never need click here.

If you really need those "missing" functions, just go to Nero's web site and buy an update. Work out cheaper.

If you really do not want to pay, just download nero's FULLY working demo version, valid for 30 days. After that, download newer version. Nero just pop new version out every month. Very naughty, but this is only legal way if you do not want to pay.

kenzy 11:03 23 Feb 05

I have just bought the LG GSA 4163 together with Nero suite3 oem from click here . The Nero cost me £6.45 oem bundled with the drive.

kenzy 11:07 23 Feb 05

You have to order the software as an additional item. Go to the software section and you will see it all listed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…