DVD Writer-which one to buy?

vazstar 18:08 12 Apr 05

Have decided to get a new DVD writer, but am absolutely clueless about which ones are good and whcih arent. I have a sony DVD camcorder, so I need a dvd writer that will be able to inport files and turn it into film. Also needed is the multi regional DVD format support. Finally, it'll have to be external, and connected via USB. can anyone please advise the best models? thanks, VAZSTAR

joe95 23:11 12 Apr 05

walesrob 23:16 12 Apr 05

A quick look at other discussion forums will show the above 2 are firm favourites at the moment. The NEC is £34.99 and Pioneer £49. Available from here : click here

maz2 23:25 12 Apr 05

I've got a Pioneer 109 and use Ritex G05 disks and it works great

TomJerry 13:55 13 Apr 05

multi-region issue

(1) reading: all drivers are region locked and you can change region 5 times, this is required by law (I think). However, (a) you can hack firmware to make region free (b) there are many software available to get around this problem

(2) writting: you can make your movie region free, all DVD authoring softwares have this function

SEASHANTY 20:40 13 Apr 05

Or the new Panasonic DVD writer (all formats) model SW-9585-C on offer at Microdirect for £36-41 inc vat. Same as the LG this also supports DVD-RAM. I purchased one this morning from their Manchester store. Manufactured in Indonesia in March 2005.
click here

SEASHANTY 15:44 14 Apr 05

....Ok, none of the above fulfil your request for an external DVD writer. These are still expensive. You would be better off swapping over your CD-RW drive and replacing with an internal writer. There are 24
external DVD writers listed on the Kelkoo website
click here
No comments as I do not have an external writer altho I am considering placing my LG 4163B into an enclosure. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…