DVD Writer.. Which one ?

russmini 22:38 09 May 05

As title, looking into maybe buying a DVD writer, question is with all the makes and types what would you recommend ?

Single layer,

Dual Layer,

What speed ?

Sorry no real max price at mo cause don't really know what to go for, if one is better but is a bit more money then so be it.

maz2 00:09 10 May 05

Got a Pioneer 109 which is very good and a good price as well try click here
click here

TomJerry 10:03 10 May 05

of course dual layer as no price difference

you can get latest dual layer model from leading makers less than £35 click here

Lightscribe, good idea, but only black and white yet, medias are also more expensive

SEASHANTY 12:35 10 May 05

The LG GSA 4163B on special offer at Microdirect for £32-89 inc. vat. It also supports DVD-RAM discs.
click here

DVD-RAM info click here

pj123 13:12 10 May 05

Difficult question to answer as we will all (naturally) recommend the one we use.

I have the LG GSA4163B (dual layer) as above but also in another computer the LG4082B (standard)

Check them out here:

click here

click here

I would recommend NEC 3520A DVD+/-R/RW DL an absolutely brillant product gets 5stars from me and friends ******

SEASHANTY 16:24 10 May 05

Just checking on maz2 link to blankdiscshop. Due to its popularity they only started stocking the LG writer about two weeks ago and they were out of stock this morning. See its now back in at £35 but also includes the free Maxell DVD-RAM disc ( this is probably worth around £3 but they do have the ten disc spindles at £14-99 of another make. With the free disc included it prob makes this website cheaper than microdirect as their carriage rates are cheaper.

russmini 19:05 22 May 05

Still in the process of doing this, just not had the time recently, getting married in just over three months, so time and lots of money being spent on that but lovely wife to be still understands my need for technology, just dont seem to have enough money !! oh well !!

Rival mag review DVD Writer this month now as well, so maybe take advice on what it finds.

Also still like the Pioneer 109.

Keep you informed

Thanks so far..

georgemac © 10:08 23 May 05

I bought the LG GSA 4163B from SVP - has not produced a coaster yet - have not tried dvd-ram on it yet - that is why I chose this one (tv dvd recorder uses this) , but it also gets very good reviews.

sunny staines 16:44 23 May 05

also look at the software, some come with nero6 and power dvd

SEASHANTY 17:08 23 May 05

Usually only the retail boxed drive come with software and these are more expensive than the OEM bare drives. Its usually limited software anyway - not the full product. They supply this in the hope that you will pay for an upgrade to the full product.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…