dvd writer

Kingfisher 17:16 11 Feb 03

can any one shed any light on dvd formats I am about to buy a new Dell p.c. and wish to purchase a dvd writer, what format is the best for writing and rewriting, I have read the article in the most recent PCAdvisor but am still concerned that I might buy the wrong format.Also forgive my ignorance but will I still need a cd rewriter for cd backups. Finally are wireless mice and keyboards reliable. Thanks in anticipation.

Kingfisher

fitfella29 17:34 11 Feb 03

the new sony dvd writer "DRU-500A DVD+-R/RW" is dual format - & + so you cant go wrong with that one costs abit more than the rest but its the best there is.also you may find it hard to get hold of one at the mo but wait a few weeks.

you`ll also beable to use it as a normal cd writer too.

as for optical cordless mice the logitech mx700 is pretty damn good costs about 50 quid.

dotterel 18:33 11 Feb 03

I've got a Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse- no problems and I love them. Do buy and keep spare batteries though. They last a long time- six months or so but only ever die on Sunday night when I've got work which must be done for Monday morning.....

hellred 19:15 11 Feb 03

Stay away from DVD RAM, this format is losing ground on the rest.

€dstow 19:24 11 Feb 03

All you need to know about DVD click here

€d

crx16 20:50 11 Feb 03

the new sony is available here click here (courtesy of stuartli) and free delivery for the first 100 orders,i ordered last night,and credit card shows no delivery charge.

the DW-U10A is the "OEM Updated version of the DRU500A DVD Writer.This is the First 4X DVD+R & 4X DVD-R Burner."

Jamesy 12:59 12 Feb 03

crx 16, can you or anyone else with this Sony multi format drive please tell us of your experiences with it, and of this site, bigpockets.co.uk as I'm not familiar with them.

Kingfisher 14:22 12 Feb 03

thanks to all who replied to my thread

rickf 17:22 12 Feb 03

I have the Philips one and have never looked back.

fitfella29 17:41 12 Feb 03

ive ordered dvd media from bigpockets quite alot of times and had no problem with them.

crx16 00:09 13 Feb 03

jamesy - i have just recieved a confirmation email from bigpockets (11.20pm)telling me my order has been dispatched.they also have 'order tracking' online,so you can keep informed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…