DVD writer

exdragon 10:09 23 Jul 05

Hi - I've decided to go for a replacement for my CD drive.

Is Novatech's Liteon still a good one -click here - or are there any newcomers which are better?

Thanks

SEASHANTY 10:14 23 Jul 05

Just type in <DVD WRITERS> in the search box on the left and it will bring up 42 threads.

SEASHANTY 10:16 23 Jul 05

The September 2005 issue of PC Advisor has a feature article on DVD writers and recommends which are the better models.

exdragon 10:39 23 Jul 05

Thanks, SEASHANTY, I had a look at the threads, but as most of them are over 6 months old, I thought that perhaps technology had moved on!

I'll get the current PCA, though.

SEASHANTY 13:56 23 Jul 05

The No. 1 recommended drive in the PCA Sept. Edit is the LG GSA 4163B which is 16x and supports all three formats -R/RW +R/RW & DVD-RAM. It's £30 from SVP. Second is the Plextor PX-740A then the NEC ND3540A.
Review covers seven writers including the external USB2/Firewire LG GSA 5163

exdragon 20:04 23 Jul 05

I had a look in PC World (just looked!) and their's is £60, but that does include the Nero software. The £30 one obviously doesn't, so adding on the cost of Nero (I've got an old Roxio package) and it bumps the price up a lot

SEASHANTY 11:15 24 Jul 05

The software versions that come with retail drives are not usually the full product. So for real versatility you may have to purchase the full product anyway. The full product Nero Reloaded at Amazon is £34-97 with free delivery
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…