DVD-ROM / CD-R combo. Which one?

krypt1c 13:26 10 May 05

I know DVD writers are flavour of the month, but I'm looking for a DVD-ROM / CD-R combo to put into a second PC. Any recommendations ? Thanks

Go to click here and look it up
I had a samsung drive which worked for about 2 years, depends what you are basically using it for

pj123 15:29 10 May 05

As DVD burners also burn to CD I don't see the point of a combo. I have a DVD burner which burns to DVD, CD and plays DVD and CDs and now costs around £35 why bother with a combo?

Pooke100 16:30 10 May 05

I'm using a dvd-rom drive and a dvd re-writer drive, LitEon models SOHD-167T and a SOHW-1653S. Quite good and reliable most of my family use liteon drives and they'll all vouch for them. The only thing I find is spin up and my dvd-rom is a bit loud. The dvd re-wrtier is top notch I can't fault it at all. They both work brilliantly with Nero 6 reloaded, (never crashed).

Having two drives prolongs the life of each one respectively, I alternate usage from one to the other. Pretty good for copying "on the fly", straight from the original to the blank too.

Pooke100 16:32 10 May 05

*The only thing I find is spin up ON my dvd-rom is a bit loud.

spuds 16:48 10 May 05

I have an 'aged' LG GCC-4120B CD-RW Recorder/DVD-Rom Reader. Superb bit of kit, and would recommend the LG brand for strong consideration.

krypt1c 19:08 10 May 05

Thanks everyone. Lots of useful advice to ponder on

PUNKA 19:46 10 May 05

Just purchased a nice TDK Combo from here some place in Ireland with P&P, £33.00.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…