DVD +/- Rewriter for £39.98

Graham ® 17:57 30 Jul 04

But only from Maplins Sheffield branch, order code A55BG. And the buses are on strike!

sidecar sid 18:22 30 Jul 04

For a few coppers more(plus postage)

BenQ Dual 8x DVD R/RW IDE Burner - Retail Box.

A firmware upgrade will be available soon to make it dual layer.

sidecar sid 18:23 30 Jul 04

Don't you just hate it when some idiot forgets to post the link

click here

Sorry.

spuds 20:38 30 Jul 04

Maplins website £59.98 with free delivery [whilst stocks last]

Graham ® 21:07 30 Jul 04

Appreciate that, my info from local paper 'The Star' advert.

Stuartli 14:17 31 Jul 04

DVD rewriters are very little different to manufacture than CD-RW rewriters or CD/DVD-ROM drives.

The astounding fall in prices over the past six to nine months (from well into three figures to a third or less whilst specifications climb ever higher) is proof of that fact.

It was a case, as always, of getting enough people to buy the expensive first ones and then allowing prices to fall to more real life world levels.

Stuartli 14:20 31 Jul 04

Surely it's the bus drivers who are on strike?

A fare day's pay for a fair day's work....?

Graham ® 14:27 31 Jul 04

Naw, we say the buses are on strike in Sheffield. One thing we notice, it's much easier to drive in town with no buses holding job up.

Charence 21:35 31 Jul 04

I go to the Sheffield branch regularly as it is the closest one to my home. £40 is cheap! Hope there are still some left when I get there.

Charence

Stuartli 10:13 01 Aug 04

>>One thing we notice, it's much easier to drive in town with no buses holding job up>>

Now there's a surprise...:-)

It's exactly the same when the youngsters are on holiday from school and those early morning and late afternoon traffic jams are no more.

Time to consider staggering school run times me thinks.

PC World is doing a short term Medion DVD rewriter offer for £49.99 - current Aldi version is still £59.99.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…