DVD Recorders

balmad 21:38 14 Jan 06

I would like to buy a DVD recorder, can any one suggest what to look for and which is the best DVD recorder under £150.

CMC 42 23:15 14 Jan 06

I've had no problems so far with click here= £116 if bought with an Egg Card if I recall correctly.

You might prefer to get one with a hard drive but they are quite a bit more expensive and you are unlikely to find one in that budget range.

Reviews for the linked PanasonicDMR-ES10 click here

v1asco 23:50 14 Jan 06

from powerhouse today. Seems to work 130 hours recording on hard disk. £250. If bargain unsure. any use?

Taffy

Zaphod 3 03:53 15 Jan 06

Bought one of these the other week dead simple to use.

click here

961 09:02 15 Jan 06

It should be borne in mind that with the switch off of the analogue tv network (starting in the not too distant future in some areas) the tuners in current recorders will no longer work.

At that stage it will be necessary to add a freeview unit to each recorder to allow it to record independently of the tv set tuner/ satellite decoder

It ia already possible to buy recorders with a digital tuner and this may be worth considering depending on which tv region you live in

freaky 10:12 15 Jan 06

^

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:17 15 Jan 06

I've got the Cyberhome DVR 1600. £69 from Asda. I have also got the Cyberhome DVD400 which is just the DVD player and I wa so impressed with it that I bought the recorder 'blind'. It is an excellent piece of kit and does more than I will ever need. I cannot see the point in paying any more than £70. It is easy to set up with clear instructions.

G

Icky 10:18 15 Jan 06

I recently bought a Panasonic DMRES20D which also has a buit in Freeview receiver. It's brilliant. Cost me about £155.

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:18 15 Jan 06

ps...it is easy to change it from region 2 to any region ;-)))

G

oresome 11:20 15 Jan 06

I purchased a Liteon 5005 just over 12 months ago. It no longer recognises a blank +RW disc, but continues to record on previously formatted discs. It's also hit and miss whether a recorded disc will play in another machine. No substitute for the VCR I'm sorry to say.

freaky 15:33 15 Jan 06

961 quoted "It should be borne in mind that with the switch off of the analogue tv network (starting in the not too distant future in some areas) the tuners in current recorders will no longer work".

A very good point - as I understand it, if your DVDR does not have a digital tuner - then you can utilise Freeview but you will not be able to record one channel and watch another.

A DVDR without a digital tuner will be deaf and dumb once the change over is complete. I was not aware of this before, and bought a Panasonic DMR-EH50 two weeks ago that is without a Tuner !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Best iMovie for Mac tips 2017 | How to edit video with iMovie: 26 brilliant video editing tricks…