DVD Recorder - Anybody Have One Of These?

Sibbo 18:54 13 Mar 06

I was just wondering if anyone has one of the recorders below? If so, are they any good? Thanks in advance. click here

Big Elf 19:55 13 Mar 06

What's the make and model number?

Link doesn't work for me.

SG Atlantis® 19:58 13 Mar 06

Lite-On LVW-5055GDL Multi-region capable Multiformat DVD Recorder with 250GB HDD and DIVX - Silver

freaky 20:09 13 Mar 06

As a member of another Forum that deals solely with this topic, and also own a DVD Recorder.

I would respond and say the Lite-On has had a lot criticsm regarding reliabiity and after-sales service. Needless to say they are one of the few manufacturers to offer a 2-year warranty, possibly there is a reason for this !!!

Sibbo 22:27 13 Mar 06

What forum is that freaky?

rmcqua 07:38 14 Mar 06

Sibbo;
I have the model ...5045.. which I think is identical except for a smaller (160Gb) hard drive. I am delighted with it.

Sibbo 08:37 14 Mar 06

There are a few more differences rmcqua, like divx/vidx playback, and all media format read/write, but thanks for the feedback.

@ freaky
I thought Lite-on were considered to be very good manufacturers of all CD/DVD drives? As for the 2 year warranty, most people would consider that as added "peace of mind", surely?

freaky 09:06 14 Mar 06

I am merely passing on the feedback that I read on the AV Forum. On paper they appear to offer good value - but there have been numerous complaints from owners as to their reliability.

As regards the two year warranty - this is probably necessary because of the problems.

Sibbo 10:41 14 Mar 06

Could you post the full web address of the forum please freaky? Thanks

Stuartli 10:59 14 Mar 06

The Humax PVR 9200T is the one..:-)

You can upgrade the HDD capacity later if desired.

freaky 11:42 14 Mar 06

The link you requested: -

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5