Adz1310 22:06 18 Sep 05

My parents are thinking of purchasing a DVD recorder though like myself dont really know much about them. Can anyone point us in the right direction on a good deal and let us in on any knowledge they have! thanks

handy4x 22:58 18 Sep 05

check out how easy they are to use we have a panasonic and the manual is a nightmare to understand even for someone technical but once you get the hang of it it works ok
try to get one that works with + and - discs at the same speed and not all willuse rw- and rw+
ie will only use one or the other but will write to any write once disks

stalion 23:07 18 Sep 05
  pj123 10:32 19 Sep 05

Check this thread as well, might be some pointers for you.

click here

freaky 10:43 19 Sep 05

Firstly, get one that has a 80gb Hard Drive.

Secondly, if you want 5.1 surround sound, then look for one that has this built in...you can then fully utilise Dolby Surround Sound.

The makes I like are Panasonic, Toshiba and Sony (not necessarily in that order).

PCA has a good review of the Sony RDRHX510S. In fact this is the one I am possibly buying. It also has 5.1 channel audio outputs. The RRP for this one is £400, but you can purchase via the internet for about £330. I believe this model was only brought out recently, therefore a lot of the review sites don't display it.

pj123 12:48 19 Sep 05

freaky, according to this site: the Sony rdrhx510s is a player only, not a recorder?

click here

So maybe cross that one off your list?

freaky 15:55 19 Sep 05

The Sony RDRHX510S definitely has a 80gb Hard Drive....hence the price tag. I have copies of from three different sites of the specification, each one states 80GB HD.

freaky 16:02 19 Sep 05

The link you have provided gives the product code for the model displayed as 2440107....the correct code is 245283 hence their error in the specification!!

pj123 16:51 19 Sep 05

I concede. Just tried the Comet site and yes this is listed as a DVD Recorder 80gb hard drive.

click here

SEASHANTY 16:48 23 Sep 05

Some DVD recorder reviews here
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…