Dvd player with Freeview

yahwob 09:10 29 Dec 06

Hi,

Can anyone suggest a decent DVD player with Freeview included in it.

Got a budget of say £150.00, I'm not too worried about it being a recorder, really just looking for a player and freeview.

Many thanks

anchor 13:54 29 Dec 06

Here is one for a start:

click here

Stuartli 15:02 29 Dec 06

Cheaper:

click here

Stuartli 15:05 29 Dec 06

Even better would be the Panasonic DMR-EZ25 DVD Recorder with Freeview Tuner, but you'll have to hunt for the lowest prices.

anchor 16:32 29 Dec 06

Stuartli: Well spotted; good price @ £75.

Of course, the Panasonic DMR-EZ25 would be a much better choice, but at around £175 it may be beyond his budget. He did say he was`nt bothered about it being a recorder, which the Panasonic is.

click here

Fellsider 16:36 29 Dec 06

Wouldn't it be a bit pointless having a DVD player (not recorder) with freeview. - it will still only play DVDs surely

Stuartli 16:45 29 Dec 06

Of course...:-)

anchor

My best mate now sells the Panasonic at £249.99 (was £299.99) - they fly out of his shop and someone was buying one when I popped into his shop this dinnertime...:-)

All the Panasonic DVD recorders are first class.

anchor 16:58 29 Dec 06

Stuartli: £249.99 !!!

Web prices are certainly much lower than your mates; this is about the best I saw; £174 with delivery.

click here

I agree, Panasonic is excellent.

Stuartli 17:56 29 Dec 06

It's a lot more expensive to run a "proper" business with all the resultant customer care and after sales service than an online version.

By the way, he also sells a lot of the Humax PVR9200 models with 160GB Hard Drive and dual Freeview tuners, along with the Freeview Humax F2 FOX-T set top boxes; the latter has been around for about three years now and is still way ahead of most of the competition.

jakimo 00:31 30 Dec 06

Look out for an "Argos Clearance Bargain Warehouse" in your area,they have large stocks of Panasonic\Sony\Toshiba,etc. dvd recorders with freeview\plasma & lcd tvs\microwaves etc.

I have just bought a Panasonic DMR-ES20D dvd recorder with integral freeview for £89.99,with 12 months warranty,a no quibble refund or replacement is offered on any goods found to be faulty.

terryf 06:01 30 Dec 06

What is this Freeview every one talks about, living in one of the deprived areas of the country (Weymouth), we don't have Freeview except via Sky. Perhaps 'they' think that we might get corrupted :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…