dvd drive recomendations

spartan 23:04 14 Jan 03
  spartan 23:04 14 Jan 03

I am about to replace my dvd drive in my evesham pc anyone have any ideas which one to go for.amd 1900 windows xp.

DieSse 23:19 14 Jan 03

They all seem much the same to me, and I've tried quite a few.

Stuartli 08:59 15 Jan 03

I've got a Pioneer 16x 116 - it was rated as the best available when I bought it and it has proved first class. Cost at that time was £42 plus VAT.

You can buy DVD-Rom drives from around £30 now - keep an eye on Scan's TodayOnly page at:

click here

for special offers on a regular basis on various makes.

There are, of course, many other on-line outlets where prices will be equally competitive.

Another point is that many of these drives, along with rewriters, digital cameras etc are rebadged models by manufacturers of other companies' products.

Stuartli 09:01 15 Jan 03

Another source is:

click here

If you can get an OEM version (i.e. just the bare drive without the retail box etc) it will be even cheaper.

You don't need a driver only the standard Windows one, but you will need software such as PowerDVD, which can usually be bought very cheaply if ordered at the same time as a DVD-ROM drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…