DVD discs

neko 12:30 03 Dec 03

Hey all

In anticipation of the arrival of my new DVD R/W. Can anyone recommend good discs and where to get them from? I would rather pay extra and have decent ones.

From what I have read the DVD-R is the best overall to record with for playing on other DVD players, so I guess I will use them.
Thanks in advance!

neko

Hyperangelic 12:36 03 Dec 03

The manufacturer of your DVD drive will have a list of the discs that are most compatible with your new drive. If you don't get it with the drive, take a look on their website. This should give you an idea of what *should* work well - firmware updates (only to be used when necessary) can also increase compatibility.

It's worth trying out a few different types, but check what your drive manufacturer recommends first, and then do your shopping.

neko 12:45 03 Dec 03

Thanks Hyperangelic,

I will take your advice.

SEASHANTY 16:38 03 Dec 03

Compatibility chart click here

Rayuk 17:21 03 Dec 03

Have used these a couple of times no problems
click here
You could always try one of their sample packs.
I have used mainly dvd-r with ritek GO4 dye on them as these appear to be one of the best types for compatability.

I have the Pioneer 106D

neko 22:23 03 Dec 03

Thanks all for replying,

that gives me plenty to go on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…