dvd discs

philep 16:00 03 Sep 03

need to purcahse a dvd burnr that will play the resulting discs in most conventional home dvd players.

I'd appreciate advice on this one!

the don 16:33 03 Sep 03

me too, I keep seeing conflicting advice, as to whether -R or +R are "most" compatible.

As far as I can tell neither are 100% compatible with domestic players (I guess this is due to the vast number of £40 korean players and obscure player like PS2?).

Perhaps the best idea is to buy a burner with all formats covered (LG GSA 4040 is only £130 at DABS) - and then you can try either disc in the player(s) you plan to use??.

sjr1 17:09 03 Sep 03

I ve got Pioneer DVR106 4x +/- have seen it on the web for around £130-140..U swed to have a 104..personaly i prefer dvd-r find them to be more compatible no matter wot Philips etc will tell you

click here

click here
£132 on there

Chegs ® 17:44 03 Sep 03

Its easy,just buy a burner that does +/- formats.If they dont work in a player,then tell them to buy another player! :-)

-pops- 18:53 03 Sep 03

I agree with Chegs ®. Modern DVD players will play burned DVDs and you can get standalone DVD players at loads of places for less than £40.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…