DV Camcorders recomendations

rioboy 15:31 30 Nov 03

Well after making the monumental decision as to what to buy her indoors for Xmas I've decided on a digital camcorder. Should keep me in Brownie points for a month or two!

Is anyone able to recomend a particular model or alternatively any independent web sites for reviews. So far I'm looking at the Canon 600i which comes in at Number 3 on PC Advisor's review site.

bremner 15:58 30 Nov 03

I have the 600i and can confirm it is an excellent piece of kit. It is ideal for a novice. It had DV in and out.

It does not have a facility for taking still images (you would need to upgrade to the 630i)

christmascracker 16:52 30 Nov 03

Canon site click here

click here for all things DV plus some reviews

I've got the Canon MVX100i which can take stills too. Really pleased with it

rioboy 20:35 30 Nov 03

Thanks for the link christmascracker, that's the type of site I've been looking for.

Bremner I've read a couple of reviews regarding the Canon and both mention the noise from the tape that is picked up by the microphone. Is this something you've found?

bremner 20:55 30 Nov 03

No can't say it is, recently taped a christening and even in the quite bits there was no drive noise.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…