Dual-Sim phones - any experiences?

Diodorus Siculus 11:54 30 Nov 08

Hi, I'm working in the Philippines at the moment and getting tired of carrying around two mobiles. I've seen in the Samsung shop two models which have dual sim capacity and wondered if anyone has any practical experience of these or similar.

Thanks as always, Dio

Condom 21:15 30 Nov 08

In Thailand I have a friend who uses a twin card Samsung without having any problems. I prefer to have my Samsung phone unlocked and use a local 1 2 Call SIM card which works fine for all my calls wherever I go. It even continues to work in the UK until I run out of money. I'm sure someone here will top up 1 2 call but I haven't been bothered to look.

Diodorus Siculus 00:48 01 Dec 08

I'm going to call into the Samsung shop again this morning; they have a 7 days return policy so if I don't like it I can return within 7 days as long as it is undamaged.

The advantage of the dual sim phone is that I can have both my local sim (smart) and UK sim (O2) on the same phone and receive calls / texts on both at the same time.

Will report back as and when.

Cheers, Dio

Diodorus Siculus 12:24 01 Dec 08

I've been using the F780 all day and so far it's been good. It takes a while for me to get used to the Samsung OS rather than WinMobile which I've been using for a number of years.

Happily when I connected to the PC, it synchronised nicely with Outlook - that came as a pleasant surprise.

As I said earlier, I have a 7 days return option so I will see how I like the phone. It's certainly helpful to be able to keep one rather than 2 in my pocket.

Diodorus Siculus 00:47 04 Jan 09

So far so good; the advantages of carrying one phone rather than two outweigh my dislike of the Samsung OS. Maybe I will get used to it :)

One day I'm sure I'll find a decent Windows Mobile 6 dual-sim phone but till then I'm happy with this one.

Cheers,

Dio

Diodorus Siculus 23:41 04 Jan 09

Thanks - I don't think that was around a month ago when I was looking.

Interesting though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced