Dual Core Laptop 300 Quidish

DavidM4 17:52 23 Nov 08

I'm looking for a laptop for my son's Christmas present and would like a heads up to any bargains out there.

Dual Core would be nice and sub £300 would be preferable.

Cheers

David M

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:06 23 Nov 08
  MAT ALAN 18:07 23 Nov 08

click here

Bought TWO of these this morning, £299.00 each, instore...

DavidM4 18:16 23 Nov 08

Nice one fellas, think I'm gonna go with the Staples offer.

Good work

Cheers

David M

DavidM4 18:52 23 Nov 08

Wowah!!!! the Staples one is -vat which takes it over £300 and I'm sure that Morrisons (yes the supermarket) are selling a similar Asus machine for £249.

DavidM4 18:58 23 Nov 08

I'm not tight, just careful (honest).

curofone 19:02 23 Nov 08

I think i know which one you are talking about at morrisons and it is a lot lower spec than this.

The staples machine is not actually that bad even with the vat on but that processor kills it, no idea why they would put 160gb hdd and 2gb of ram with a machine that has a single core celeron processor.

Personally if that was my budget i would be going for this HP machine click here it is £320 but actually has a duel core processor, has only 1gb of ram in it but they provide you with an extra 1gb to make it 2gb, hard drive is 120gb which will be plenty for the average child/teen and it made by hp one of the best brands out there. Also the extended warranty of these machice which can be purched off ebuyer or hp themself costs around £30 for 2 years cover which is bargin.

MAT ALAN 19:03 23 Nov 08

Instore £299.00 the Morrisons laptop is the same make different model 1.2gig SINGLE core processor and only 1 gig of memory, HOW do i know i bought TWO then took them back only last week...

Online purchase £303.47 delivery FREE...

DavidM4 19:32 23 Nov 08

Is the Staples machine dual core?

MAT ALAN 19:45 23 Nov 08

Don't think so, 2gigs running at 667Mhz personnally don't care, my budget is extremely tight
and having had a good look around the build quailty of them, i got em!!!

curofone 20:14 23 Nov 08

Just been doing a bit more research into the hp as i am that nice and i found out during november you can get a 3yr warranty for £6 and i have not typed that incorrectly.

Hp have an offer where you can get free care pack during november so basically you buy a specific care pack off them for £38+vat so comes to £44 and then they will send you £38 back so therefore you will get 3 years cover for £6 now thats a bargin.

I have not looked up the terms so you will have to look up them a bit more closely to double check you would qualify but £6 for a 3 warranty is amazing.

you can have a look at the hp here click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5