DSR

morddwyd 21:01 05 Mar 14

Pretty sure I know the answer, but can somebody please confirm that carriage costs must also be refunded under the Distance Selling Regs?

BT 08:07 06 Mar 14

Not sure but you often see 'P&P not included' when ads offer XX days trial period and refund if not suitable. Where the return is because the item is faulty I have found that companies that I have dealt with usually arrange the return. In fact I had reason to return an item just this week to Westfalia and I called them and they arranged for collection by Parcel Force the very next day. I didn't even have to label the parcel, the driver had a preprinted label to stick on it.

QVC for instance, don't pay the return cost or refund original postage if you just don't want the product but in the case of a faulty product they will send you a pre-paid label.

chub_tor 08:11 06 Mar 14

The following is an extract from the OFT.Gov site

Refunds *The retailer must refund the full amount including the delivery costs as soon as possible after the consumer cancels, and in any case within 30 days at the latest. You cannot insist on the goods being received by you before you make a refund. Returning goods Only if it is covered in the contract and the written information can you require the consumer to pay for the cost of returning the ordered goods. If the consumer then fails to return the goods, or sends them at your expense, you can charge them the direct cost to you of the return, even if you have already refunded the consumer’s money. You are not allowed to make any further charges, such as a restocking charge or an administration charge. If you do not include these details in the required written information then you cannot charge anything. You can never require consumers to pay the cost of returning substitute goods. If the goods are faulty or do not comply with the contract, you will have to pay for their return whatever the circumstances.*

morddwyd 10:29 06 Mar 14

Thanks. I forgot to say the goods are faulty. They told me to get on to the manufacturer, who would send a replacement.

I declined, saying it was their responsibility, and I wanted refund not replacement. They said this meant that I no longer wanted the goods so they didn't have to pay!

wee eddie 02:14 07 Mar 14

How long have you had whatever it is?

If I remember rightly, any fault that occurs within 6 months is taken to be manufacturing fault and should be free. If you have had it longer than that, you would have to pay for it to be examined, tell them that you are going to. If the fault is found to be inherent. They have to pay your costs

morddwyd 20:57 07 Mar 14

Sorry, faulty on arrival, so less than a day.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…