DSLR Lens Upgrade Advice Please

Sibbo 12:31 17 Jul 13
Answered

Hi,

I'm new to DSLR photography so don't know much about it, so was hoping that some of you could help/advise me. I have a Canon D600 and the following lenses:

EFS 18-135 IS kit lens EFS 55-250 IS EF 50mm 1:1.4

Would I gain much by getting a Canon EF 70-300mm F/4.0-5.6 IS USM Lens to replace the 55-250? Any other lens suggestions? Thanks

Forum Editor 15:06 17 Jul 13
Answer

I have the EF 70-300mm F/4.0-5.6 IS USM Lens, and I'm very happy with it. The lens has its limitations, but at that price it is bound to. All in all I think it's great value for money - I take it with me wherever I travel.

Hi Sibbo

I have recently bought a 550D but only have the kit lens that came with it (18-55mm) and a nifty 50 that I bought seperately.

I'm actually looking to buy a 55-250 IS Lens (unfortunately my budget doesnt stretch as far as yours !!)

If you do get the new lens and are looking for a new home for your old lens I may be interested in buying it off you.

Cheers

Tom

Sibbo 13:44 19 Jul 13

Well I've bought the 70-300, just waiting for it to be delivered now. The 55-250 IS could well be for sale, are you on eBay Tom?

Yep I am on ebay (username Korkyb).

Sibbo 13:55 20 Jul 13

Me to (BedfordshireBuyer). How much are you looking to pay? Maybe you live in my neck of the woods lol

Good question.

I was on the verge of ordering from One Stop Digital who are selling it delivered for £112.88 click here this forum have private messaging or should I contact you through ebay??

I'm up in sunny Aberdeenshire (& it really is sunny!!) so we would have to factor in postage..

Does

Sibbo 17:09 20 Jul 13

To be perfectly honest with you, if it were me, I would buy from them as you get a 12 month warranty with it! I looked on eBay, and I saw them going for £100 second hand.

Fair enough.

Cheers anyway :-)

HondaMan 11:52 21 Jul 13

Have a look here DPReview

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…