dream gaming pc

Kate B 13:10 07 Feb 05

OK, I might be about to be in that wonderful once-in-a-lifetime position of being able to splurge a ridiculous amount of money on a dream computer, which i'd primarly want for gaming.

so what's your money-almost-no-object recommendation? I'm leaning towards the Alienware Aurora range with SLI graphics ...

TomJerry 13:52 07 Feb 05

get a decent (not bleeding edge) game PC and speed rest on a big LCD or plasma screen with good surround sound system and also good game pads, then you are in game dream

Kate B 14:48 07 Feb 05

Hmm, interesting advice, TomJerry - where do you recommend?

I'm thinking Apple 30in monitor ... it looks so absolutely gorgeous ...

TomJerry 15:57 07 Feb 05

if I have deep pocket as you

Kate B 17:18 07 Feb 05

Windfall coming my way, I hope - as I say, something of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to do this!

fuzzyone 17:27 07 Feb 05

click here

If you want the best, you won't have to look much further than here.

quickgld 18:11 07 Feb 05

Sorry, I must say this but the spec featured on the website for Armari for the AMD Athlon™ 64 3000+ for arguments sake is nothing short of a rip off. If you were so inclined you could build that specification of PC for half the price easily. There's better buys around I'm sure if money is no object.

Starfox 18:17 07 Feb 05

It's a bit of an unknown quantity as far as reliability is concerned yet but what about this with the 20.1" plasma screen click here

Kate B 18:45 07 Feb 05

Starfox, crikey!

one thing, though, is that the Mac monitor requires an Nvidia 6800 card ...

Starfox 18:48 07 Feb 05

Not as far as I am aware No

Mr Mistoffelees 18:48 07 Feb 05

The "basic" version of the Evesham Decimator is reviewed in "another mag". They seem to think it is a most impressive machine and very fast.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…