Dose N I S 2005 work efficiently as other versions?

BEN MARSHALL 22:26 03 Jun 05

I recently purchased Norton Internet Security 2005 and i have found that in my view it dose not work as well as prior versions, and failed to remove a simple Trojan horse! leading me to my conclusion, and I am interested if anyone else has had this problem with this product?

pipedream 23:32 03 Jun 05

The words "Norton" and "efficiency" are rarely heard in the same sentence! I used NAV 2002 for a couple of years which was OK, but have had endless trouble with all subsequent (bloated)versions (on other people's PC's that is; I've used AVG Free ever since which I can wholeheartedly recommend - I have known AVG to pick up viruses missed by Norton, but dare say it could happen the other way round)

BEN MARSHALL 10:35 04 Jun 05

I Received a Trojan Horse Dropper.22.AW which according to symantec's website is easy for Norton to remove but Norton failed to find it it also failed to find other viruses yet AGV 7.0 did Norton suggest to remove viruses you disable System Restore and start your PC in safe mode (VGA Mode)but some facilities in Norton 2005 refuse to start in safe mode! but i must say my prior version of Norton AV 2003 removed the viruses and Norton Personal Firewall 2004 blocked most viruses and worms but since NIS 2005 i have had loads of viruses get through and Norton AV barley finds any this is irritating we pay £70 for the product and it doesnt work efficiently in-fact it has been beaten by a FREE Anti Virus i would be interested what Symantec have to say about why this is!

pipedream 11:33 04 Jun 05

I know that getting refunds for software can be tricky, but suggest you try on the basis that it isn't "fit for purpose". For some extra ammunition click here

BEN MARSHALL 15:41 04 Jun 05

Thanks But i already own a copy of norton 2005 this is why i whant to no what others think ps. Forum Editor What do you think?

Ben Marshall

pipedream 18:23 05 Jun 05

You said you purchased it recently - I'm suggesting you take it back & use AVG (or Avast, both free) instead.

BEN MARSHALL 08:32 12 Jun 05

Thanks
"Pipedream"

whatsupdoc 19:49 13 Jun 05

up

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced