DOS Computers Ltd of Bolton

igr 23:24 19 Apr 04

Anybody had any negative experience of this Company?.

I recently bought a graphics card (on line)paying by credit card. Goods arrived (not as fast as e-buyer), but they did not match the order specification so were returned immediately. Still waiting for the refund promised (almost 2 weeks)to include the cost of the recorded delivery for the returns. Very quick to take the cash, but no sign of prompt action to refund the cash, despite an email reminder.

Should I expect better than this? Should I register the credit card payment as disputed with the credit card company?

Diodorus Siculus 10:07 20 Apr 04

Do the T&Cs of the site give a time for refunds? Often it will be 28days or so. 2 weeks is not excessive, despite being annoying.

igr 20:22 20 Apr 04

Checked those out, they were a bit vague, referring to returns where faulty, or an unsuitable order specified by the purchaser (offering credit notes). No mention of a cock up by the Company, so if I don't get a credit card refund by thursday then its a dispute via the credit card company, as DOS Computers (motto 'it's their service that makes the difference') don't reply to emails.

igr 16:57 28 Apr 04

Credit card refund surfaced today. A little slow, but having spoken to them they said it would be sorted within days. True to their word, the refund was received on Monday.

Diodorus Siculus 17:32 28 Apr 04

Good news then! :-}

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…