Doom 3

kench 20:04 18 Dec 04

Thinking of buying Doom 3 but not sure as wether my p.c . will be able to run the game.system specs are Processer-AMD ATHLON XP2200+,1.8GHz.Memory512MB ram.Graphics Card-NVIDIA GEFORCE FX5700LE,128MB.

BITS&BOBS 20:40 18 Dec 04

Your system will be able to run it ok, dont expect to have the high detail and effect settings on though!! check here for a total DOOM3 hardware guide :click here

i'd recommend you play it @ 800/600 medium settings no AA/AF to enjoy a playable frame rate, it will still look better @ those settings on your PC than it will on the xbox.

Just ensure you have the latest forceware drivers for your card and I recommend playing it offline, with no active net connection with all firewall,anti-virus and other non-essentail system programs running.

BITS&BOBS 20:42 18 Dec 04

This page of that guide may also be useful but I recommend reading it in full it is very detailed, the best thing to do is experiment when you get it!! let the program atup-detect the best settings then go up from there finding your best frame rate. :) enjoy it will scare the life out of you!!!

BITS&BOBS 20:43 18 Dec 04

click here= opps!!

joesoaps 23:12 18 Dec 04

Will play o.k on your system,not at high resolution but it will be playable.

simonp1 09:29 19 Dec 04

Doon 3 is based on the OpenGL engine..and the card you have is based on open GL to. So yes your game will run..how good? well you need to try that and just see how it feels. Turn all AA off in your Nivida control panel and also load the lastest drivers, as they have included some patches for the game..

dagwoood 16:06 19 Dec 04

kench, if you're running on XP, you can go to the Microsoft games advisor click here

Doom 3 is one of the games listed, and it will show you if your system will be able to cope with the game.

HTH, dagwoood.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…