Don't Open the Box!

morddwyd 20:41 10 Jun 10

I've just had some goods delivered, ordered on-line.

Blazoned all over the box it says "Goods are not returnable once box has been opened, unless faulty".

Surely this is not legal under the Distance Selling Regs (to say nothing of "an unfair and unreasonable trading condition")?

I thought the DSRs were meant to allow a customer to return goods, even if undamaged, after examination?

john bunyan 22:41 10 Jun 10

I think you are right; however with computer software I think there is a grey area.

morddwyd 23:00 10 Jun 10

Computer software is fairly standard. However, this is furniture!

Forum Editor 23:02 10 Jun 10

were meant to allow a customer to return goods, even if undamaged, after examination?"

And you are right.

BT 08:24 11 Jun 10

The advice to write 'unexamined' on the carriers signature sheet is good but I along with most people usually forget.

However I had occasion just yesterday to initiate a return to Misco of a faulty item and they couldn't have been more helpful. I phoned them (0800 no. unfortunately) but they answered at once and I explained the problem and was given a reference, and within minutes received an email with a returns label to print out and collection details for today by City Link.

BT 09:48 11 Jun 10

Got my numbers mixed up.
0800 is of course a FREEphone number.
Sorry Misco

morddwyd 09:53 11 Jun 10

"The advice to write 'unexamined' on the carriers signature sheet is good "

Not sure how this helps in this particular case.

In any event the carrier didn't bother to ring the bell.

BT 16:15 11 Jun 10

City Link picked up my returns parcel at 12.30 today, just like they said they would.

This has got to be the fastest turn around ever.

Ordered item Wednesday morning, paid for 3 day delivery
Received item Thursday afternoon. Found a fault and contacted company.
Item collected Friday.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…