Don't Believe Dell's Hype

Mad Mick 11:35 14 Mar 08

Dell are stating that they have a lead time of three weeks on the supply of their 1720 Laptop.

Do not believe them. I ordered one on 28/02/08 with a promised supply date of "on or before 18/03/08". On checking my order status this morning I find that this date has been changed to 04/04/08, a further delay of over two weeks, but their website shows a delay of only three weeks.

Beware of their hype!!

spuds 11:55 14 Mar 08

Did you ever think about contacting Dell as to the delay and new supply date!.

I have dealt with Dell on many occasions, and they usually have an answer to any queries.

Mad Mick 12:42 14 Mar 08

Spoke to Dell this morning and was given the bland "we are progressing your order as quickly as possible". When asked why their website still says 3 weeks delay for this model when the actual delay is almost 7 weeks, they operative was speechless for about 10 seconds before asking me to bear with her whilst she checked what could be done.

I am not holding out too much hope of a speedy reply. I find, as a home customer that you go to the back of Dell's queue!!

Mad Mick 09:37 15 Mar 08

Situation is now resolved after Dell agreed to escalate my order and deliver on the agreed date. I had to point out to them that they had already charged my credit card and were holding on to my money whilst the price of the item was dropping thus giving them a potential greater profit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5