Domain Transfer

expertec 09:23 14 Mar 03

Has anybody here ever heard of a domain registration company click here ?

I have just received an e-mail from the masking me to renew my domain with them. Are they any good? Anybody here had any experience with them?

Forum Editor 18:06 14 Mar 03

the company you mention, so I can't comment on their service.

What I can do however, is advise caution when considering registering a domain with any company which offers unusually low prices. I have clients who have encountered all kinds of problems when subsequently attempting to move the domain from such companies to a new web host. They've experienced long delays, high transfer fees, and all kinds of obstacles being put in their way. Some companies can't be contacted by phone or fax, and they don't publish a physical address on their sites, so you have a major problem if things go wrong.

I repeat - I have no knowledge of this company, and I am not suggesting that they fall into the category I've just described, but please check carefully before registering a domian name with any company.

1. Make sure you have a telephone/fax number (at least) or an address for the company.

2. Ensure that you are aware of any fees for transferring domain names or amending nameserver details.

3. Make sure that the company will send you a document confirming that the domain name is registered to you. Some companies don't do this, and subseqently it can be difficult to prove that you registered the name at all.

expertec 20:56 14 Mar 03

they don't appear to have any phone contact except in India

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…